Friday, August 6, 2010

Cranky Pants and the Girl Ghetto � Undecided

Cranky Pants and the Girl Ghetto � Undecided
I occasionally read this blog for a different perspective... the view of feminism I don't normally subscribe to, but it provides me with an opportunity to ponder the subjects...
My observation: feminism is not about being an exercise in egalitarianism, it is about opportunities to compete. Salon is in the business of selling, and what sells, prints. Of course, it has its target audiences and that is determined by the customer who will subscribe. It is interesting, though, that it appeared more popular in Bill Clinton's time compared to the oh bummer of an experience we are having now. I actually used to have my attention drawn to it far more often than it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment