- The Big Fat Surprise, Nina Teicholtz http://thebigfatsurprise.com/ Excellent history of food, health associatons and government policy in America as it relates to the food pyramid.
- Why We Get Fat. Gary Taubes. http://garytaubes.com/works/books/why-we-get-fat/ , a good review of the physiology of nutrition and the importance of fat metabolism versus carbohydrate metabolism.
- Keto Clarity, Jimmy Moore & Eric Westman, MD, http://books.simonandschuster.com/Keto-Clarity/Jimmy-Moore/9781628600070 Excellent book regarding the keto diet and why Atkins was correct and no, Atkins was not a high protein diet.
- Lord of the World, Robert Hugh Benson, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_World , The first of the dystopian novels and very well told story. Many references to Catholicism, but still very readable.
- The Power and the Glory, Graham Greene, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_and_the_Glory which has been called his masterpiece. I started on a Friday night and did not put the book down until I completed it.
- Man's Search for Meaning, Victor Frankyl http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man%27s_Search_for_Meaning This is a very moving book about how life does have meaning and how the human spirit seeks it and finds it. This is a book you will keep on your shelf to pick up again and just start reading.
Many more to be added...